When mass produced and commercially sold medications don’t meet your needs, is there another way to get the health remedies specific to your health conditions? With compounding, every patient can!
Compounding is a method used by pharmacists to prepare customized medications based on the specific requirements of the patient. A physician writes a prescription for compounded medication identifying the dosage, formulation and other pertinent attributes of the medication. Compounding benefits a wide range of patients in various fields of pharmacy practice:
- Custom Prepared Medication
- Individuals diagnosed with Adrenal Fatigue or Thyroid Imbalance
- Alternative Pain Medication / Pain Management
- Dental Care
- Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy (Male and Female)
- Veterinary or Pet Medication
Compounding also allows the patient to get medications in their preferred intake forms like lozenges, transdermal gels, creams, troches, lollipops, and many others. On top of that, medications can be flavored with – a great option for parents with children who put up a fight with every intake procedure. In many ways, compounding helps patients and health care practitioners make the medication intake process a pleasant experience.
At Village Pharmacy, we will be happy to prepare compounded medications:
- Specified dosage requirements set by the physician for the particular patient
- Special Vegetarian and Vegan Formulations (by request)
- Compounding medications that were removed from the market due to low returns or diminishing consumer base
- Combining at least two different medications into a single dosage form for ease of intake
Village Pharmacy offers pick-up and local delivery services for our compounded medications. We can also ship your orders. We track all compounded medications being delivered.